Claymaniak, founded in 2003 by Esther Casas Roura, a molecular biology master's graduate from Barcelona, Spain, marks the creative journey of a filmmaker with a unique background.
Esther transitioned from the world of science to the vibrant realm of art and filmmaking when she moved to New York in 2000. Specializing in the dynamic blend of film, stop-motion animation, and visual effects, Esther refined her skills at The Arts Student League and The School of Visual Arts. Since 2005, as the creative force behind Claymaniak, she's been a driving presence in animated commercials, embracing the roles of both animator and director.
Claymaniak has produced three animated short films and numerous commercials for a diverse client base, spanning from large corporations to independent media outlets. Notably, her latest animated film, "Creamen," garnered multiple film awards and achieved acclaim in the international film world, screening in over 100 festivals: http://www.imdb.com/esthercasasroura
Late in 2008, Claymaniak and Charged studios (full service production facility specialized in all forms of animation in Brooklyn, New York) partnered to produce "Creamen", a stop-motion short animated film released in April 2013, which after global trotting in the festival circuit won the following international film awards:
- "Best Short Film", Handle Climate Change Film Festival, China 2015
- "Best Film", Rob Knox Film Festival, UK, 2014
- "Audience Award, Best National Short", Festival Cine Zaragoza, Spain, 2013
- "Best Animated Film" Festiver Film Festival, Colombia, 2013
- “Best Music Score”, Ballston Spa Film Festival (USA) 2013
- "TIDCA Judge Award", Taipei International Digital Content (Taiwan) 2013
- "Third Best Animated Film", Concurs Cinema Ciutat de Cornellà (Spain)
- "Honorable Mention", Non Stop Barcelona Animació (Spain) 2014
- "Audience Award", " 2nd Best Film - North America", Animarte (Brazil) 2014
- "Nominated for Best Animated Short", Soho Int'l Film Festival (USA) 2014
- "Audience Award -3rd Prize", The Audience Awards contest, USA, 2015
- "Best Animation", CineCiok, 2016
Claymaniak is currently working in the production of a short animated film,"Flocky", and in the development of the feature animated film titled "Tao", both written by Esther Casas. Check it out in the Motion section, and stay tuned!