Claymaniak was founded in 2003 by Esther Casas Roura, a film writer and director (http://www.imdb.com/esthercasasroura)
Esther's early professional background was molecular biology; she earned a Masters Degree from Barcelona University, Spain. Eventually Esther gravitated towards art and filmmaking and moved to New York in 2000, where she became specialized in the combination of film, stop-motion animation and visual effects (studying at the The Arts Student League and The School of Visual Arts).
Since 2005 Esther is been working on animated commercials as animator and also director and through Claymaniak she has produced two animated short films and several animated commercials for a growing number of clients, ranging from large corporations to independent media outlets.
Esther's first animated film (2008) “Check date, an underdog love story”, won The Honorable Mention at the Very Short Movies and screened in several international and local film festivals.
Late in 2008, Claymaniak and Charged studios (full service production facility specialized in all forms of animation in Brooklyn, New York) partnered to produce "Creamen", a stop-motion short animated film released in April 2013, which after global trotting in the festival circuit won the following international film awards:
- "Best Short Film", Handle Climate Change Film Festival, China 2015
- "Best Film", Rob Knox Film Festival, UK, 2014
- "Audience Award, Best National Short", Festival Cine Zaragoza, Spain, 2013
- "Best Animated Film" Festiver Film Festival, Colombia, 2013
- “Best Music Score”, Ballston Spa Film Festival (USA) 2013
- "TIDCA Judge Award", Taipei International Digital Content (Taiwan) 2013
- "Third Best Animated Film", Concurs Cinema Ciutat de Cornellà (Spain)
- "Honorable Mention", Non Stop Barcelona Animació (Spain) 2014
- "Audience Award", " 2nd Best Film - North America", Animarte (Brazil) 2014
- "Nominated for Best Animated Short", Soho Int'l Film Festival (USA) 2014
- "Audience Award -3rd Prize", The Audience Awards contest, USA, 2015
- "Best Animation", CineCiok, 2016
Claymaniak is currently working on the development of a short animated film,"Flocky", and a feature animated film titled "Tao", check it out in the Motion section, and stay tuned!